Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Not-A-Meme Challenge #14

Dolmere Talamasca asks:

Today's not-a-meme challenge is a question about your usage patterns. This could be things you do when you login, things you do just before logging out, activities bordering on OCD, etc :)

"Do you have any Second Life usage habits?"


The first thing I always do is check to see who else is online. I don't always start an IM with others, but its nice to know I'm not alone.

The Second thing that I do is get dressed. I'm not sure why, but I refuse to let my avi wear the same thing twice in a row. When dressing, I usually try to pick something which reflects my mood and what I hope to be doing. Sometimes this is an easy process, accomplished quickly. My inventory is pretty well organized so I know where to find things usually. Unfortunately, I'm also indecisive as hell and I can easily spend half an hour just figuring out what shoes to wear.

The worst thing about this is that it fuels my SL shopping habit, because I often find that I don't have exactly the right shade of top to wear with the skirt. So it's off to the stores and ooooh look, they have a new dress on sale.

The sad thing is that there really isn't much variety in the way I dress.

1 comment:

Coyote said...

"The first thing I always do is check to see who else is online." [nods] yes, I do that too -- but usually just before I log in, via the SL website. In fact I often keep an eye on that during the workday, just to see who's up and about.