Friday, May 25, 2007

Stepping Out

I logged into the second world today for the first time in ages. Kieres mentioned a few weeks ago that he was retreating to the real world for a while. I've done the same, though not announced such till now. It wasn't a fully intentional disappearing act. Work has gathered a stranglehold on my life in the past month, company has come and gone, and little opportunities and mishaps have sprung up the way mushrooms do: with delicate beauty and just a little of that unsettling creepiness.

I logged on tonight mostly because I want to be alone but don't want to suffer loneliness. An odd thing to expect from SL, I guess, but it's true. My real space is filled with my peace, my cat, and my music, and yet still I can enjoy a connection to others (but still be able to cut it off with a mouse-click). Meh, I'm in a mood.

Anyhow, a few weeks away and the neighborhood goes to hell. "For Sale" signs spin everywhere. The good news is that I can see the water from my balcony again. The joys of SLurban blight.

Guess I'll wander for a bit. IM me if you're in the mood for a chat. Might be tormenting the cat though, so if I don't respond, don't take it personally.

1 comment:

Coyote said...

[stranglehold on my life in the past month] When you predicted "May will be a busy month" -- you weren't kidding! RL always trumps virtual life, but nonetheless... you've been missed.